Monday, January 13, 2014

Wanderers, traveling, doors

I was reading the most recent pages of my friends' online comic called Wanderers http://wanderers.ragika.net/en/Chapter01-19 and let my thought fly over imaginary deserted places. While indeed wandering in deserts and small towns in the middle of nowhere I bumped into a memory of one of my fav books (which actually is a whole series of books) The Dark Tower by Stephen King. And you know how mind acts - when one door opens 100 other doors starts to open in the same time. So I run through all these doors seeing one remarkable story from Carlos Castaneda's book, when he is running through a mountain in the middle of the night. From there I jumped to "Leo Africanus" by Amin Maalouf, where one finds the story of a real 15th-16th century traveler from Granada. Finishing with a book with short Sufi tales about traveling dervishes. In the end I was listening to Riders on the Storm and found myself thinking - isn't it all about traveling. What are we doing through our life - walking from place to place, from one to another person, from our outer world to our inner one, from one love to another, from childhood to adulthood. 
 

I don't know where I am going with this. Just thoughts I can't keep locked and they just pour out. I was still with these thoughts in mind when one of my best friends called me with the news she is sending me a present. When on the next day I received the package I found a book about Amulets and talismans inside.


So my friend took to heart one of our conversations when I was explaining to her that I want to learn how to make real amulets and talismans. She browsed half of the bookstores in Sofia to find a good book about the subject and bought this one for me. I am so truly happy and thankful for this gesture ♥
With all this in the background I created new necklace and earrings, which I decided to call Wanderers. This time I used brass and wonderful tiny rare African beads in white colour. I hope somebody with a soul of a wanderer will wear any of the pieces one day.




And least but not last I have very beautiful new earrings from Alek (InfinityStop). They look gorgeous with one of my black and white dresses. Thank you Alek, you truly are inspiration for me ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment