Sunday, December 29, 2013

The masks we wear

Holidays give me a lot of free time to try and experiment with new things. Last week I tried for first time working with brass and etching metal. Etching really stole my heart, it gives me a lot more freedom than before. Now I can finally make the masks jewelry I've been thinking of for quite some time. Here is the first set of african masks, which I finished yesterday. The earrings and the necklace are already uploaded in my shop Alex Malex Designs http://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexMalexDesigns



I also tried taking night pictures in mist with my large format camera. Although it was freezing, I enjoyed it big time. Focusing was really difficult though, I couldn't see anything on the ground glass, so I needed to guess the distance between the camera and the object. Here is one of the four pictures I took that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment