Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First item for the autumn / winter season and work in progress

While I was searching for new inspiring yarn some weeks ago it happened to find this one. I really liked the pastel earthy colors and especially its effect - those small bubbles reminded me of one sweater my mother had when I was a kid. I thought this vintage look of the yarn will make a simple accessory such as a scarf look interesting. Also the composition of the yarn is very unusual, except the 75% acrylic it has also 25% tactel. Tactel is a microfiber fabric which is very soft, strong and it dries much faster than cotton. Let's say I didn't wonder much should I buy a yarn with such characteristics. And here is the result after all the talking :D


 I am also working on something new in gray colour. This time knitting takes a bit longer than usual, cause the yarn is very thin, but it's wall worthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment